Bert Lochs

I am a professional trumpet player, composer of both jazz and classical pieces for small and large ensembles alike and a teacher. I am leader/initiator of two trio's: Trio Bert Lochs and Lochs/Balthaus/Herskedal and I play in the Guus Tangelder Bigband, Pieter Basts E.S.P and the Jasper Somsen Group. With my trio's I made some very well received CD's and I played at the North Sea Jazz Festival and a lot of Dutch and German venues. I teach at home and at the music school of Alphen a/d Rijn. One of my main skills is teaching the Balanced Embouchure method. A method of trumpet pedagogue Jeff Smiley. I discovered it in 2002 and it helped me play a LOT better, and it completely turned around my view of how to play and teach the trumpet.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Will the 8.5 make it to the headpouch?

Tomorrow is an exciting day! Will the Curry 8.5 make it to the headpouch? In other words, will it be my main mouthpiece or not? If not I will put my 10.5 back in the pouch, and that'll be the end of the experiment.
I have to play a bigband gig tomorrow, and that is always a good testcase for new mouthpieces. If I can make it through the gig in one piece without loosing teeth or blood spreading all over the place, then it could be the mouthpiece I need to become the best trumpet player in the world. If, however my teeth start rattling and my eyes fall out of their sockets within two sets of bigband playing, then it just isn't meant to be.
I will report tomorrow (if I am not looking for lost teeth and bits of lip).

What a cliffhanger! Tomorrow we will all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment