Bert Lochs

I am a professional trumpet player, composer of both jazz and classical pieces for small and large ensembles alike and a teacher. I am leader/initiator of two trio's: Trio Bert Lochs and Lochs/Balthaus/Herskedal and I play in the Guus Tangelder Bigband, Pieter Basts E.S.P and the Jasper Somsen Group. With my trio's I made some very well received CD's and I played at the North Sea Jazz Festival and a lot of Dutch and German venues. I teach at home and at the music school of Alphen a/d Rijn. One of my main skills is teaching the Balanced Embouchure method. A method of trumpet pedagogue Jeff Smiley. I discovered it in 2002 and it helped me play a LOT better, and it completely turned around my view of how to play and teach the trumpet.

Monday, October 25, 2010

And the winner is.....

I am sorry to have kept half the world out of sleep with this mighty cliffhanger, but I am now very close to revealing the winner of the mouthpiece that won the headpouch. I had a terrific concert with the Guus Tangelder Bigband featuring Jasper van 't Hof on piano, who is really amazing, check this guy!, and I played the 8.5C Curry and the flugelpiece with the same rim. And they made it to the headpouch!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I am officially playing the Curry 8.5 now. It still needs some finetuning, but the sound is bigger and more open, and endurance is good now. It is easier to keep open for a whole concert than the smaller 10.5, which tends to go out of control when the lips swell a bit from playing. The only thing I want now is the 8.5TC to make the set complete. I simply love the feel and sound of the TC, and don't want to give that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment