Bert Lochs

I am a professional trumpet player, composer of both jazz and classical pieces for small and large ensembles alike and a teacher. I am leader/initiator of two trio's: Trio Bert Lochs and Lochs/Balthaus/Herskedal and I play in the Guus Tangelder Bigband, Pieter Basts E.S.P and the Jasper Somsen Group. With my trio's I made some very well received CD's and I played at the North Sea Jazz Festival and a lot of Dutch and German venues. I teach at home and at the music school of Alphen a/d Rijn. One of my main skills is teaching the Balanced Embouchure method. A method of trumpet pedagogue Jeff Smiley. I discovered it in 2002 and it helped me play a LOT better, and it completely turned around my view of how to play and teach the trumpet.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hope to get old like that!

I came across this video of trumpet legend Bud Herseth talking about his trumpets and mouthpieces.
Man, does this look like my own life over thirty years? I hope so. I already have the mouthpieces, some of the trumpets, and I hope the good humour and health , too. I will never make it to the legend he is, though, but never mind.
Love his 'jazz' playing, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment