Bert Lochs

I am a professional trumpet player, composer of both jazz and classical pieces for small and large ensembles alike and a teacher. I am leader/initiator of two trio's: Trio Bert Lochs and Lochs/Balthaus/Herskedal and I play in the Guus Tangelder Bigband, Pieter Basts E.S.P and the Jasper Somsen Group. With my trio's I made some very well received CD's and I played at the North Sea Jazz Festival and a lot of Dutch and German venues. I teach at home and at the music school of Alphen a/d Rijn. One of my main skills is teaching the Balanced Embouchure method. A method of trumpet pedagogue Jeff Smiley. I discovered it in 2002 and it helped me play a LOT better, and it completely turned around my view of how to play and teach the trumpet.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Adsense and the sense of it

A clarification of the Google Ads to the left of this page.


When I started my first and commercial version of Trio Bert Lochs,  back in 2006, I subscribed to GoogleAds, because I wanted people to find the trio and book me. To a certain degree, it worked that way, but after a few years, it didn't really pay off. I didn't get any more gigs out of it (the Trio evolved into an artistic modern creative jazz trio. Occasionally we still play at weddings or conferences, but our main goal is to play at the national and international jazz and theatre stages, like we did at North Sea Jazz in 2008, or the Jazz Impuls theatre tour in 2009. We now play our own music instead of standards), but I was still paying, so I thought, why not turn it the other way around, and maybe earn a few cents myself by putting Adsense on my page. Being a trumpet player costs a lot of money. You know the joke: what will a musician do when he wins the jackpot? Play until the money is spent. Only sad thing is, that it isn't a joke...So, why not try and get a little extra money, so that I can keep doing what I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment